Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On Naming Me

Through the years, it has been suggested by some people from India that I "could be the reincarnation of Mahatma Gandhi." I agree with Gandhiji that reincarnation seems a very cruel thing to impose upon a person, and I see no rational basis for the belief in reincarnation; therefore, I reject the idea or reincarnation.

I have been called by my close friends in a joking manner, "The Mahatma Lama." This is the Andie Kaufman sense of humor that I carry only, and I do not believe myself to be anything other that an attempted photocopy of ideas that will change the world for the better, I believe.

I have been termed "The American Gandhi" by some. This is probably most near to what I seek to be, but I recognize that some will ridicule even this.

What I would like to be called is, "Gene from America; the one who seeks truth above all else."

Gene Chapman